The UTS Music.Sound.Design Symposium 2008
Investigating cross-disciplinary practice in the areas of music, sound and design
The faculties of Design, Architecture and Building and Humanities and Social Sciences at UTS are together embarking on a project to develop a new undergraduate program emphasizing cross-disciplinary practice across the areas of Music, Sound and design and as part of that process were holding the UTS Music.Sound.Design Symposium 2008.
The UTS Music.Sound.Design Symposium 2008 is the first public outcome of an ongoing endeavour to bring together different approaches and fields of study related to sound.
- Three days of keynotes, panels and workshops from 10am to 6pm at UTS
- Two nights of performances from 8pm at the ABC Studios, Harris St. Featuring : Kees Tazelaar (Netherlands) / Ernest Edmonds (UK) / Yasunao Tone (Japan) and many more; and
- Robin Fox in residence in the new UTS Interaction Studio
Date: February 13 - February 15 2008
Location: across several venues, the:
- Internal workshop sessions (which are for delegates only)
In the seminar room of the UTS Sound Studios, located on level 3 of the Bon Marche building, Harris St.
- Artist residency
UTS Interaction Studio, located on level 4 of the DAB Building on Harris St, opposite the UTS Gallery.
ABC Rehearsal Room 1 and attendees are asked to gather at reception prior to 8pm each night to be lead up to the space.
- All daytime panel presentations and keynotes
Lecture theatre CB02.04.13, which is in building 2 and is accessible through the main UTS tower building on Broadway.
Cost: Free and open to the public
UTS Music.Sound.Design Symposium 2008 is presented in partnership with the Centre for Media Arts Innovation.