The University of Technology, Sydney acknowledges the Cadigal and Guring-gai people of the Eora Nation (opens an external site) upon whose ancestral lands the University now stands.
(UTS Reconciliation Statement).
The UTS: Education Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Unit is involved in:
- running the Bachelor of Education in Adult Education (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander program) a block release programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students interested in obtaining an adult education qualification (this major is not offered to new students in 2012),
- running a compulsory Aboriginal cultures subject in all UTS: Education undergraduate courses,
- facilitating and teaching the Aboriginal studies subjects and majors within the undergraduate courses in adult education,
- teaching in the indigenous studies major in the Master of Education, and
- facilitating and teaching of the BA in Adult Education and Community Management which is offered through UTS: Business.
Aboriginal studies major subjects may also be taken as electives by students in the wider UTS student community.